Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

suzuki: rear shock damper is to soft for me and my girlfriend…

Customer Question
Hi I have a suzuki gsf...
Hi

I have a suzuki gsf bandit 600 ccm model 97. The rear shock damper is to soft for me and my girlfriend, can you help me with some advice for a better rear shock to put on? The ohlins are to expencive I think.

Sorry for my english, I am from Norway!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/22/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

You are doing fine with the English.

I would recommend a new stiffer rear spring. the a different shock will not make a difference unless it has a heaver spring than you currently have.

the two companies I can think of for stiffer springs is progesive and race tech. I like race tech they have a wide selection.

this is a link to race tech for your bike