Motorcycle

Connect one-on-one with a verified motorcycle mechanic who will answer your question

Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

More related answers
All motorcycle mechanics are VERIFIED
Was changing clutch plates on my '95 Softail, now I find the
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
Was changing clutch plates on my '95 Softail, now I find the previous owner must have done something odd. I only have 6 steel plates and the spring plate. I pulled 8 clutch plates and didn't notice if… read more
I have a problem with mu clutch, I replaced the clutch,
Chase Capicotti
Chase Capicotti, Ducati Tech 1
I replaced the clutch, watched several videos on how to, very carefully did a one for one swap on each friction plate and put the steel plates back in, exactly as the shop manual shows, put it back to gether out the springs in and the bearing on top, tightened down and put it back together, I cant get the clutch to "disengage" to shift with the 4 spring bolts tightened down … read more
I have an 87 fxr and my clutch lever lost all resistance in
P.J.
P.J., motorcycle mechanic
I have an 87 fxr and my clutch lever lost all resistance in about 10 minutes. It got loose, and started whining, then gave out completely. I was able to adjust the clutch basket and fix it, but the ja… read more
Hi Guys, I have a 93 stock wideglide ( now with 74000kms on
P.J.
P.J., motorcycle mechanic
Hi Guys, I have a 93 stock wideglide ( now with 74000kms on it, have only owned it a month) am now noticing a generous vibration through the frame at higher revs when accelerating slowly up the gears,… read more
i have a 1994 1200 sportster and the starter is hanging up
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
i have a 1994 1200 sportster and the starter is hanging up in the ring gear , if i shift into 5th gear and rotate the rear tire the starter will retract . i can turn the engine over by rotating the re… read more
I have a 1978 Yamaha xs650 and I cannot get it to shift through
Doug E.
Doug E., Vintage M/C restorer
I have a 1978 Yamaha xs650 and I cannot get it to shift through the gears well. I have taken the clutch out and have left the cover off so I can see what's happening. There is a part where the shift f… read more
Hi I have a 2003 Harley Davidson Road King, and Im having 2
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
Hi I have a 2003 Harley Davidson Road King, and Im having 2 problems to fix.I have put a hydraulic clutch kit on my bike, and rode with this last year. However, now my clutchleever is stuck. I cant pr… read more
I have a 1987 fxr lowrider 1340cc bike..acts..trans..washers
.......
......., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a 1987 fxr lowrider 1340cc bike. i paid a local mc shop to replace my clutch cable, it worked great for about 2 weeks and now it acts like the cable is broken but i pulled the side cover off wh… read more
MY 08 busa BOUGHT USED PUT MEGAPHONE AND HAD power..RUNNING GREAT
.......
MY 08 BUSA BOUGHT USED PUT MEGAPHONE AND HAD POWER COMM. ALLREADY INSTALLED. RUNNING GREAT UNTIL. SUNDAY REMOVED KICKSTAND SWITCH AND SHORTED ITS WIRES AND BYPASSED CLUTCH SWITCH. AFTER 30 MINUTES RID… read more
Warms..the transmission, when in neutral with the clutch lever out
Big Mike
Big Mike, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I own a 09 street glide, with 1400 miles. After it warms up I notice a clanking sound comming out of the right side of the transmission, when in neutral with the clutch lever out. When you pull in the… read more
hi, my 88 Sportster has clutch problems. It keeps running
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
hi, my 88 Sportster has clutch problems. It keeps running out of cable. I first make the cable as short as possible, then adjust it down in the clutch by turning the adjust screw counter clockwise, th… read more
My bike is off i disengage the clutch and roll it backwards... i
oldracer95
oldracer95, Tech
When my bike is off i disengage the clutch and roll it backwards... i hear a metal on metal sound going back. now if i stop and push it forward again i hear the metal on metal sound again... however i… read more
Clutch will not disengage...springs..Release arm and Shaft
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Clutch will not disengage. new plates and springs. Release arm and Shaft all show little or no wear. Replaced clutch due to problem, but it still exists.… read more
my yz 125 90 mod has major clutch slip, it had it when i brought
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
my yz 125 90 mod has major clutch slip, it had it when i brought it so i put a new clutch in it and it is still exactly the same. i adjusted the cable all the way in and it stalls when you put it in g… read more
Making noise..me its the clearance between piston and cylinder..clutch
Ben Around
Ben Around, Owner / Operator
Dear sir, I have a YAMAHA YBR250 and from the first moment, I felt the engine picking making noise (at 3500-5500 RPM) No one has given a reasonable cause of this problem. Some told me its the clearanc… read more
I HAVE A yAMAHA FZR 1000 EXUP, THERE IS A LOUD KNOCKING NOISE
Graham Percival
Graham Percival, Manager
I HAVE A yAMAHA FZR 1000 EXUP, THERE IS A LOUD KNOCKING NOISE COMING FROM THE STARTER CLUTCH. UPON STRIPPING THE ENGINE I CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG! HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? THANKS NICK.… read more
AXXXXXglide heve experenced a shimmy above 70..axel..tires
Bill
Bill, Harley Tech
i have aXXXXXglide heve experenced a shimmy above 70 laying hard into tighter corners. i replaced front & rear berrings(axel) tires &swingarm berrings . yet it tsill exists. any ideas how to tame this… read more
1974 honda: rattles..neutral..I depress the clutch it stops
.......
I have a 1974 Honda CB 750 motorcycle the transmission rattles when in neutral, it will quiet down and then come back, when I depress the clutch it stops. Thanks Phil39401.7474060532… read more