Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Utility: 250 had the drive gears..neutral..reverse..lights come…

Customer Question
2006 Artic Cat utility 250...
2006 Artic Cat utility 250 had the drive gears replace because the dogs would not mesh within. Problem is that everything is back together and shifts fine but the lights do not always work (neutral and reverse). When I grave the shift linkage and move it the lights come on but when I move it in the other direction the lights go off. I tried to readjust the linkage but then the bike does not shift properly. Any help is better than none. This bike was bought used for my wife and I was also wondering what cause the problem between the dogs in the first place.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/15/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Hi
Do you have access to a workshop manual for reference ?
Whilst waiting for you to reply I will look for a diagram

Any other background info would be helpful

Ride Safe
Bike-Doc