Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

have a 2001 350 es the es

Customer Question
isnt working but manual does...
have a 2001 350 es the es isnt working but manual does what could be the the cause
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/12/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

the main problem with the Honda electric shift is the Angle sensor it is the sensor to tell the unit what gear it is in, Or the angle of the shift drum. That sensor is replaced very often and does fix the problem. i have fixed the problem with cleaning the connector contacts with electric spray contact cleaner and dielectric grease. the angle sensor is on right rear of the motor the wire colors are. blue/green, yellow/blue and black/red