Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

Special: a 1987 Harley Davidson Blue Knight motorcycle..Glide..bike

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Harley Davidson Blue Knight motorcycle, Police Special Motorcycle 1340 CC, Electra Glide Classic, also known as The Iron Warrier. Any information about this bike would be helpful
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

was there something specific you were after???

there isn't much to tell, unless you are the owner of the only "tour glide" version.

Harley's "special editions" should probably be called "special paint", because that's all most of them are. they are mechanically identical to every other bike of that model and year with the exception of a special paint job. (shriners bikes get a super low 1st gear for parade duty) the tank emblems are not even special.

I have a factory parts catalog for 1987-1990 big twins and there is no mention of that bike. I mention that because, there IS mention of other special editions between 1987 and 1990 and some special parts for those bikes......but not yours.

your bike was part of a limited production. I am not sure of the exact number built.

Steve