Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2008 fxdc which has 9000 kilometers on it. it seems…

Customer Question
i have a 2008 fxdc...
i have a 2008 fxdc which has 9000 kilometers on it. it seems to have too much play in primary chain? do the auto tensioners need to be readjusted or is this normal
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/3/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: Brian D, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Brian D
Brian D, Motorcycle Mechanic
The auto adjuster does not need to be reset once installed. if you have to much play the adjuster is either stuck or at the end of it adjustment range. What i would recommend is ride the bike accelerate up to about 4000 rpm in second gear and back off the throttle hard, do this a couple of times and see if it the adjuster takes the play from the chain. I hope my answer has helped you with your problem on your bike. thanks for using just answer. Brian D