A.Knight
A.Knight, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Broze, Silver, and Gold Certified. Yamaha Top Technician (twice).Certified in all Big 4 makes
14891765

1985 HONDA: I RECENTLY HAD CLUTCH..BACK TOGETHER

I HAVE A 1985 HONDA SHADOW 750CC THAT I RECENTLY HAD CLUTCH PROBLEMS. I TOOK IT APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL FOR MY BIKE. IT DOESN'T WORK OR HAVE PRESSURE. WHAT'S WRONG? CAN YOU HELP ME? VICKIE LOCKLEAR OR GIBSON, NC.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  A.Knight replied 8 years ago.
I would have to guess the outer pressure plate is not lined up with the clutch hub properly. The hub has splines and the pressure plate only fits correctly one way. It must interlock with the hub. If it doesn't then the clutch will not have any spring pressure against the plates and the hydrolic pushrod wount be long enough to reach. I would take a closer look at the clutch...