How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ski Doctor Your Own Question
Ski Doctor
Ski Doctor, powersports repair specialist
Category: Motorcycle
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  over a decade of double time experience, excellent electrical and mechanical diagnosis capabilties
Type Your Motorcycle Question Here...
Ski Doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how to change drive belt on kawasaki 650 brute force

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Ski Doctor replied 9 years ago.
you may need a special tool..remove your clutch cover, then your drive and driven clutches...inspect them for discolor, and warpage, then reinstall new belt SO YOU CAN READ IT!! THIS IS VITAL YOU INSTALL THE BELT THE PROPER DIRECTION.. then retighten and locktite bolts/nuts on drive and driven clutches
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
where can i get the special tool from? i tried to loosen the nuts but the pulley spins.
Expert:  Ski Doctor replied 9 years ago.
you may need air impact tools to remove those nuts...make sure the threads are spinning outwards counter clockwise or then it's reverse thread
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
you do not know of a special tool for that because it has three holes on the front of the pulley and the nut in the center
Expert:  Ski Doctor replied 9 years ago.
front drive converter has a long bolt....remove bolt...back converter has a nut...remove the holes on the front drive pulley have threads in them
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the two things the belt is on are those the converters and which one is considered the front?
Expert:  Ski Doctor replied 9 years ago.
yes..those are called converters...front one, left, is drive...rear (right) is on left is need a pulley remover from can order one or bribe a service dept with pizzas and they might do it