Mitsubishi

Have Legal Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Connect one-on-one with a mechanic who will answer your question

Answered in 3 minutes
Ricardo HohlVerified
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
Ask your own question

When i accelerate it stalls. Engine light is on..it has

When i accelerate it stalls

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the Mitsubishi stall at idle or when driving?

Engine light is on..it has stalled when setting for a while and also when applying gas pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2005 Mitsubishi eclipse gt convertible 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just started happening a few days ago..i recently replace a battery ..sometimes when i shut the hood the idle dips down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

10/11/2019

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo and i will help you with this problem. if the engine light is on have you check for any codes stored on memory?

Customer reply
light just came on..can i do that without going to a parts store..i believe they are all closed in my area

getting access to the codes on the computer will help narrow the problem area better and with more accuracy.

to get the codes you will need a scanner is the only way but you can do this tomorrow and get back to me with them.

must independent repair shops will scan your computer and give you any codes stored with out charging you.

Customer reply
K thanks..just text u..instead of the using the laptop

yes that will be fine .

Customer reply
Will do thank u

you are welcome

Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Expert avatar
Ricardo Hohl, Mechanic
Pearl avatarSteve Pearl, Assistant
2 Mechanics are online now