Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I drive mitis.outlander. I was shopping and I went back to…

Customer Question
I drive mitis.outlander. I...

I drive mitis.outlander. I was shopping and I went back to the car to put urchases in the trunk when my key bent, I straightened out the key and I stuck it in ignition trying to get home When I got home the key would not come out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The key will turn the car on .It is worn.The car is a 2006 outlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to get it out gently but it would not come out.So I thought if I sprayed a littled wd40 ,It might release the key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mitsubishi
7/5/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Make sure your automatic transmission shifter button is all the way out, the button releases the key, put it in D and back to park and see if that makes any difference. You can't pull the key out unless it's all the way in park with the button on the shifter released, just double check that part.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The key was a little bent when I put it in but it won't release .I will try what you say

Alright, give that a try and let me know what happens.

Any luck with that?