Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My windows and locks wont work but if you try to lock the…

Customer Question
My windows and locks...

My windows and locks wont work but if you try to lock the doors with the passenger side button the locks work but none of the window buttons work, I think it's the wires between the door and body because someone backed into my girlfriend and dented it so every time I open the door it pinches the wires. I've got the panel off but dont know how to get the rubber boot off to inspect the wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

09 Mitsubishi galant es 2.4l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took the panel off of the door I disconnected all the wires now I'm trying to get the rubber boot covering the wires between the door and body off

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
5/27/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 26 days ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and ready to guide you.

Yes those wires can be damaged from that as well as just flexing from opening and closing the door over time. So to get into the wiring you have to remove the small kick panel inside under the dash, there you will see the connector for the wiring going to the door. Disconnect the connector and the boot and slide out towards the door. Now you can access the wires to repair them. Some times I splice a extra length of wire to mend them . sander the joints and use shrink tube to seal them.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.