Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am not isure what it is. I am almost sure its not serious.

Customer Question
I am not isure...

I am not isure what it is. I am almost sure its not serious. I have a 2014 mitsubishi mirage. I am not sure if it is a light, but it is a white box that looks like it has squiggles and a white speedometer that has a light bulb on my dash. It is located beside the multi information switch, any idea what it is.??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No... no other lights are one. Just these two small white ones. Most of the lights in the dash are red and yellow/orange. This is white.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mirage yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not, I plan to get it looked at once I leave work this morning. I am just trying to get an indication of what this light is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just the one question on the dashboard

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
5/25/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 27 days ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, the squiggly lines is for the ASC(automatic stability control) being deactivated an the speedometer one is for the cruise control being deactivated, which happens when the ASC is not working.

The ASC consists of several sensors including the wheel speed sensors, yaw rate and steering angle sensors and its function is to prevent loss of traction(slipping/spinning/sliding) on hard acceleration, acceleration out of curves, rainy/snowy road conditions.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Unless you have another question regarding this, at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE /3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.