Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear door will not open on my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero…

Customer Question
Hi! The rear door...

Hi! The rear door will not open on my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Ltd.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

The handle springs back, so it has tension , but will not open. I’m trying to fix it myself. I’ve accessed the tool kit from inside, but there’s the hard plastic interior panelling.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it so far. Thanks

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
4/4/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 22 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is this the rear luggage door or one of the rear passenger doors?

Have you removed the trim panel?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It’s the rear luggage door. I haven’t removed interior trim panel yet. How? Pry away? Why kind of fasteners? Once removed next steps?
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 21 days ago

For the past 2 hours, my repair guides have been down for maintenance. SO I can get anything to confirm what I tell you nor show you. I will opt out so another can get to you sooner.

Mitsubishi Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 19 days ago
eric remington

hello door wont open from inside or outside?

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician