Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Bought a used radio for eclipse. i have mod and ser numbers.

Customer Question
Bought a used radio...

Bought a used radio for eclipse. i have mod and ser numbers. can i get a radio code with those numbers?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

The ebay guy said he diddnt have the codes and gave no vin.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Eclipse?

My car is 97

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent installed it yet. the old radio i had a code for is broken. the display is cracked. think some circuits are cut from the cracked display.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can i frankenstein the radios together to use the old code or can i get a code for the new one?

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
ive been told that mod and ser number is ***** to get code. the unit is listed as 95- 99 eclipse / talon.
mr225576 sre 83139006b
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
got a radio from ebay. listed as 95 to 99 eclipse ? talon. mod 225576 serial 83139006b going into 97 eclipse
Answered in 2 days by:
4/5/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 18 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
im baffled that i got no reply. even one that says there is no answer. id like to continue.
Mitsubishi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 18 days ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** we are not allowed to give out codes any longer per Just Answer due to liability issues. You will need to contact your local dealer and they will be more than happy to help you as long as you provide proof of ownership. Thank you.

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician