Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Accessory plugs(12v) are not working. 2003 Montero sport le.

Customer Question
Accessory plugs(12v) are not...

Accessory plugs(12v) are not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2003 Montero sport le

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have checked all of the related fuses on the fuse box and replaced the actual socket of the cigarette lighter. I did some reading on answers you guys already have and I think it's the accessory relay but it's so hard to get too.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

160k and yes starts and runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
I don't need all of them to work really just need one to charge phones with. Is there a way to get one working without replacing the relay?
Also I just placed my my finger on the relay while I started the car and I felt it click, when I was reading other answers it says something about that.
4/2/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Have you tested the socket to see if your missing power or ground to it?