Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Doesn't want to rev more then 3000. 2003. Try Cleaner the…

Customer Question
Doesn't want to rev...

Doesn't want to rev more then 3000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Try Cleaner the file line change the spark plug

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Raving and dealing problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
4/1/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 3 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

This sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
1st thing to try is to remove the fuel filler cap and then flick the ignition on whilst listening for the brief ‘buzz’ of the pump

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injector rail (should usually be around 3Bar / 45psi +) and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

You can also get this issue with contaminated fuel , if there’s water or dirt in the tank then either the petrol floats on top of the water or the filter sock on the pump is choked up – so if the other things check out then I’d consider pulling out the fuel pump and cleaning the filter sock

And one other thing to try is to loosen off the fuel filler cap, as there’s a 1 way valve built into the cap to let air into the tank and so prevent a vacuum from being created as the fuel leaves the tank to the engine
If this helps then replace the cap with a new item

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt