Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an issue with the IPhone connecting to bluetooth,

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue with the IPhone connecting to bluetooth, There is a high pitch squeal, it started after the IPhone was upgraded to version 11.1 and hasn't been resolved through Apple

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It comes through the speakers in the car, only during a phone call, not through playing music. It's been going on for at least 6 months.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Mitsubishi?

It is actually a 2012 Outlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

At this point we tried to repair the phone to the bluetooth in car and also tried a different IPhone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm really interested if updating the firmware in the car would resolve this issue or is it more of an Apple issue

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/29/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin the issue unfortunatly will be within the vehicle firmware rather than your phone . Apple are very good at getting thier updates out as soon as they become avaliable this is good but can have consequences with the vehicle updates not being updated so regularly . This as you have experienced can cause some compatibility issues .There will almost certainly be a firmware update avaliable for the vehicle as to weather it will fix the issue is impossible to know without carrying out the update, this is because we dont ever know how far behind the vehicle manufacturer is compared to the phone companies but in alot of cases its only a few months

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all