Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2000 mitsubishi diamante 3.5l heater is only working on…

Customer Question
My 2000 mitsubishi diamante 3.5l...
My 2000 mitsubishi diamante 3.5l heater is only working on high, changed the blower motor and resistor no change in how it operates. Any ideas
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/29/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 25 days ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I hope you can! Any ideas on how to fix it

T​his means the controller in dash has probably failed but you will want to verify wiring between controller and resistor is good. At resistor the black wire should have good ground. There should be under 5 ohms resistance between controller and resistor on green/red wire. And if you ground the black/red wire at controller with key on this proves all wiring is good so next step is to replace controller. You can get a used controller off ebay or www.car-parts.com for a good deal. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician