Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car alarm is going off and turning the key twice to unlock…

Car alarm is going...

Car alarm is going off and turning the key twice to unlock will not shut it off-have also tried the key lock on the passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key is ok-steering wheel turns

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2003 Montero

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried turn the key lock to Lock twice in Drivers side and Passenger sisde

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it have anything to do with the remote-battery, etc.

3/26/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mitsubishi Mechanic

If this is Factory Alarm:

Disarming The System
The system is disarmed if any of the following conditions is satisfied.

Unlock the doors by using the door lock key cylinder.

Unlock the doors by using the RKE transmitter.
.

IF the Alarm does NOT DisArm by the above, you can Ground the BROWN wire PIN 52, located at the ETACS
IF grounding the BROWN wire still does NOT DisArm the Factory Alarm, then there is a issue with the ETACS
>
You could also try:
Disconnect the Positive & Negative Battery Cables
"BRIEFLY" touch the Battery Cables together & reconnect to the Battery
Then UNLOCK Doors

.

Let me know if you need further.......

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mitsubishi Mechanic