Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was wondering how to turn off my running lights on my

Customer Question
Hi I was wondering...

Hi I was wondering how to turn off my running lights on my Mitsubishi Outlander 2018?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Well at night even when my headlights are off there’s the certain lights, running lights that stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just recently purchased the car and I can’t seem to figure out how to turn those lights off at night when I’m just waiting for my kids from work. I have to turn off the engine and it’s still to cold to have my engine off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s my only issue otherwise the car is great

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/26/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Thanks, ***** ***** just found out that the lights could be turned off with the e-brake befitting starting the car. Is this correct? ��

You need to look in the owners manual to see which settings you can change under vehicle settings. The dealer scan tool will also be able to change some settings in the body integrated unit.

Yes the daytime running lights will turn off with the parking brake on. That is normal.

Check the owners manual to see what you can change, then call the dealer for more advanced settings. There are actually quite a few things that can be changed.

Thanks Dan, appreciate ur help.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit from the site unless you give a positive rating.
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!
5 star ratings are greatly appreciated!

Will I was wondering if it’ll be a difficult process if I wanted to install some fog light since mine didn’t come equip with it.

Yes you can install fog lights. you should be able to buy a fog light kit from the dealer and install it or have them install. The factory connectors should be taped to the wiring harness behind the front bumper. You will need to install a relay and switch as well.

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 5 star rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.