Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car is not going into gear, it goes into the position but…

Customer Question
My car is not...

My car is not going into gear, it goes into the position but its like the car is still in nuetral

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I am not too sure how old it is. could it maybe be the oil because i know the cars oil was running low. or possibly the gear oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

The car is a mitsubishi lancer 2002 ls1.8 5 speed manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing it by myself. thats pretty much all ive checked this happened last night and ive been busy all day so havent had the chance to check it properly yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does the shifter feel loose like it is not grabbing the transmission linkage to shift in and out of park?

Have you noticed any transmission fluid leaks on the ground at all with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.