Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car alarm goes off unexpectedly and at no given times.

Customer Question
The car alarm goes...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2000 mongers sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Tried key switch but nothing else

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. Just had it serviced but nothing in particular

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/22/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

One of the most common causes I have run into that causes this issue is the door sensor with the door latch.It sends a false signal that the door is opened and locked at the same time which in turn sets off the alarm.I have run into this several times before in the past and had to replace the latch assembly causing this fault.Usually, it is the driver's door latch itself as this is the door used the most.

You will need to have the door signals checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read the door signals to locate the faulty latch sending a false signal.In most cases, it can be the driver's door as it is the door used the most.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Is there a wire to the sensor that we can have disconnected?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it can be bypassed from what I see.It will need to be replaced to correct this fault here.Disconnecting anything will cause the alarm to go off every time the doors are locked.

Thanks Pete

Rediculus money scam...

I apologize.If this is about the phone call request that is an automated request the web site sends all customers.No need to accept it and I have no control over that, unfortunately.

Here is my reply from above:

Thanks Pete