Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

THE aftermarket Delphi fuel pump does not have the right…

Customer Question
THE aftermarket Delphi fuel...

THE aftermarket Delphi fuel pump does not have the right electrical plug, and the fuel gage float is not on the assembly. Do I need to do something to the new punk to make it work?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

I’m pretty sure it’s original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

94 Galant

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I pulled the old pump out and noticed the new one doesn’t have a fuel float and the plug on the new pump is wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s the same part number on every pump I look up

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/21/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, you typically have to transfer the float to the new pump unless you are having an issue with the float which you should be able to buy seperately. As for the connector you can change out the connector from the old pump to the new pump by swapping the pins or cutting and splicing/soldering the old connector to the new pump by matching the color wires.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THe plug on the car has six wires, and the new pump only has 2. There isn’t a spot to put the float on this new assembly

Ok what is the part number you are looking at?

Is it a SOHC or DOHC engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s an sohc and the part number for the new pump is HP10201

What is the production date of the vehicle? Its on the drivers door jamb sticker.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The sticker on the jam doesn’t give a production date. It only gives tire size and pressure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The title says 94

It should have the vin number and a build date

It is a 2.4 liter correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
November 93, sorry was looking in the wrong apot
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2.4 sohc 16 valve
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it’s a 2.0

Ok, I cant find an accurate photo of the correct pump from the dealer. But the dealer part number is ***** for a 2.4 liter engine.If the one you are getting ( which I see what you are talking about with the two wires) is incorrect. Your only options would be to either get the complete assembly from the dealer if you need it all the sender and the housing. Or to buy just the pump itself. You are giving confusing information. the dealer part number for a 1993 with a 2.0 engine is MB923663. Everything aftermarket for a 2.0 shows only the pump and strainer itself, not the complete assembly. The link below shows the only photo I can find for a 2.0 fuel pump

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-fuel-pump-mb923663

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I search for the pump, I am searching for a 94 2.0L not a 93. Should I be searching for a 93 or a 94 year

its not the one you are pulling up for a 1994, does it look like the one for a 1993 in the link i provided? To buy the whole pump and housing is much more expensive than just the pump and strainer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I do a search for the 93 year it just shows the pump. When I search the 94 year it shows a whole assembly. The HP10201 is a Delphi replacement.

That part number is ***** a 2.4 liter engine, it looks like you are on a split production date for the engine and fuel pump parts, in the fuel pump description it says from 11/93 forward for a 2.4 engine. You wont be able to get a complete pump and housing aftermarket for the 2.0 engine unless you buy it from the dealer for a lot more money.

Do you need more help with this concern?

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician