Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Mitsubishi diamante i just put in another computer from…

Customer Question
2003 Mitsubishi diamante i just...
2003 Mitsubishi diamante i just put in another computer from another 03 diamante and i forgot the procedure on how to program it. Please tell me how to do it . thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/19/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Click on link to view pdf file of the PCM, is this what you replaced ?

was it used ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

it is used from a running 2003

unfortunately these computers are not plug and play units ,the keys needs programed to it

^2000 Models - When replacing the PCM, the Immobilizer ECU must always be replaced and the keys re-registered.

^2001 and Later Models - On all models except early production 2001 Eclipse Spyder (see note below), it is not necessary to replace the Immobilizer ECU when replacing the PCM, although all keys must be re-registered.

you will need a Mitsubishi capable scanner or equivalent to do the registration of the keys

click on link to view pdf file

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

how do i know if i have a immobilizer or not?

you have a 2003 ,its is 100% has immobilizer system and will need a scanner to register the keys to the used ecu you have then it will work

I know that the 2003 model is different than all the others because in has a built in transmission control system

on the 2003 only pcm replacement and key registration ,2002 and prior ,pcm, immobilizer unit and key registration needed

yours is 2003

has nothing to do with transmissions, if you replacing ecu

i do not see how related

your questions is how to program ecu to the car,

answer , you will need a scanner to register key on 2003 model and above

you can not just plug it in

If you want a 2nd opinion on it let me know I will opt out of the question and open it for other experts to assist you further just let me know

I am replacing the ecm because of a transmission problem

will opt out now'just do reply back to me since will lock question to me and other want see it

good bye

ok thanks