Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im changing the fuel pump. There is a ground wire that came…

Customer Question
Im changing the fuel...

Im changing the fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

There is a ground wire that came loose when I removed the pump from the housing. Im not sure where to reattach it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you send come pictures of the unit and also whats the year make and model of the vehicle

just got the pictures be right back with a answer

as far as I can tell it goes to the connector that plugs in under the main lid

looks like you will just have to return it as a defect and get a new part

THe loose ground wire is on the housing, not on the pump. I jsut want to make sure the ground wire does not connect to the pump. THe connector only has two prongs, for a black wire and a blue wire. Does the ground wire squeeze in with the black wire in the connector?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mitsubishi,2003,eclipse,3.0l+v6,1410859,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump+&+housing+assembly,10147

Check out these pictures, I dont see where this pump just has the 2 wires