Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It won't stay running. Recently changed out the fuel pump,

Customer Question
It won't stay running...

It won't stay running. Recently changed out the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires. It will start but dies unless I hold down the gas pedal. Even then it's really rough sounding.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External cylinder.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

1995 Eclipse RS Non Turbo 2nd Gen

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel strainer, spark plugs, spark plug wires.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Have you tried scanning the vehicle with scan tool? Lucky for you Mitsubishi and Dodge, codevelopes this engine and it's OBD2 even though it's a 95. Scan for codes and report back any codes you might have.If a vehicle dies unless you're holding down the Gas Pedal it's not going to be a fuel pump related issue it's most likely going to be like a vacuum leak or something, not sure why it still sounds rough but I would start there also whenever you do the fuel pump you should do the fuel pump relay, because the fuel pump failing draws excessive average through the relay and the relay supplies power to the fuel injectors and all the sensors and everything.
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician