Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car alarm on my 2007 Spyder has started to get very

Customer Question
The car alarm on...

The car alarm on my 2007 Spyder has started to get very sensitive, meaning even in just some winds it goes off, either how can I disable it, or how can i fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes, even then, not two minutes later, or even while I walk away it goes off again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spyder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not really tried anything yet, I was researching how to fix it when I stumbled onto this site, and yes I am going to attempt to fix it myself before having to take it into a shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

I Take it this is a aftermarket alarm system .

Greg

I don't believe so, I will ask my grandmother. She was the one who originally bought it, then it was given to me on my graduation. I believe It is a factory alarm system.

If Original then i don't think its a sensitive sensor but more likely a bad door open/closed sensor .

First check when all doors are closed and check the warning light on the dash the door ajar light should be off then push and pull on the door keeping an eye on the warning light ,if ir flickers that's the bad sensor .

if all is good then do the same with the hood ,still good disconnect the hood sensor and wait to see if the alarm goes off.

But its going to be one of the sensors boot ,hood or doors.

Then what we may also see is a faulty remote .where the red button for the alarm will set off the alarm .here you just need to remove the button battery and wait again if does not sound off at any time replace the remote .

Check battery connection bad corrosive connection will also set of the alarm.

If you do have a aftermarket alarm system remove and discard .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg