Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 3.8 fuel injected petrol using lots of fuel and seams…

Customer Question
2005 3.8 fuel injected...

2005 3.8 fuel injected petrol using lots of fuel and seams to hold back then clears and accelerates its auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes to gas hog and starts as normal turn key and starts yes gas hog and starts as normal

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Mitsubishi?

Pajero excel top of the range

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I’ve done at this stage is change air filter as I do a lot of dirt road driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It does have a problem wth been in two wheel drive intermittently it will torque up and I have to put it in hi 4 then it’s ok I believe the problem is wth a sensor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Sean .

Is the service engine soon light ON when the engine is running .

Have you checked for any malfunction codes .

Lot of dirt driving !! okay lets start with you removing the Air flow meter and clean the element with MAF sensor cleaner spray .

This could well be your problem, very common in very dusty driving areas see this often .

Do this then please get back to me if still having a problem .Oh id still having the same problem do a fuel pressure test ,

and get me the malfunction code .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Hi Greg sorry with late reply but my day ended very busy .so havnt had chance to remove air flow meter and spray wth MAF sensor spray as I'm in country I'll have to go for a drive to get the spray. Where will I find the air flow meter 2 start /sean

Will take a photo of one in the shop and show you .

Greg.

Hi Greg the problem still there but has improved it seems to choke dwn then clears and revs increase as does speed drives more responsive when I drive using gears and wth revs up

Okay disconnect the MAF start engine will run a bit rough at first rev engie a bit then d a test drive .

if you have a ter drive replace the MAF .

Greg