Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 Mitusubishi Galant transmission lock out mode could…

Second opinion] 2000 Mitusubishi Galant...
Second opinion] 2000 Mitusubishi Galant transmission lock out mode could transponder key cause problem?
3/8/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The key fob or any of the remote keyless entry system will not affect the transmission nor the shifter.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

what controls the shift solonids

When you say shift controls are you referring to the solenoids on the valve body?

The PCM powertrain control module is what controls the transmission.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician