Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 evo sat for 7 years i have the ring gear on after

2003 evo sat for...

2003 evo sat for 7 years i have the ring gear on after market fly wheel broke thast why it stoped working puld car in to drive way would not crank because of there being no teeth on fly wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Sorry about spelling not strong suite

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mitsubishi?

Yes now i have fixed fly wheel it will crank wont start it will even caough like almost start i have replaced the crank sensor the cam shaft position sensor its an 03 lancer evolution 8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer Evolution yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had the fly wheel replaced professional i replaced all the sensors my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am thinking it maybe the fuel pump like i said it took me 7 years to get the cars flywheel replaced it sat i have also emptied the gas tank nd replaced all the fluids

i have compression and spark as well
like i said it almost starts i have burnt up three starters trying toget it to crank
3/7/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! have you verified fuel pressure yet?

thanks for the help i am above average ability i am not a mechanic i can replace parts but i have no diagnostic skills thats why i am here any help would be greatly appreciated i also just replaced the fuel pump i am waiting on a starter to ship i have been through three because i am impatient and i would just sit on the starter and burn it up because it sounds like it wants to start any help is greatly appreciated

have you verified fuel pressure yet?

no i dont have thew tools for that but i did remove the fuel line at the fuel rail and fuel did come out before i replaced the fuel pump cant test fuel pump till starter comes in should be today

if you spray fuel or start fluid in the intake will it start?

was not sure if i should do that with it beeing turbo i would have to take the pipes for the turbo out the way

no right into the intake

ok i will try that as soon as the starter comes in i expect it today

sounds good ill be on later and we can go from there

cool thanks so far

sure thing!

New starter new battery won't crank at all no start won't even spin at all I am looking for a fuse diagram for under the hood to see what is going on

have you checked voltage at the starter while starting?

No but it is a new battery that reads 12.2 on the voltage gauge inside the car and it is a new starter

ok do that next and let me know what you get

I have put a noid light on the small wire to the starter and grounded it it flashed when I turned the ignition and I took the starter down to the local parts store and had the starter tested it passed it worked but it still won't turn over installed into the car

a noid light wont tell us voltage to starter, also bench testing the starter just proves it works and not under a load, best way is to check on the car

How do I do that

you need a volt meter

we have to check power to both wires while starting

Ok I have one so what do I do with it
Thanks for.all the help.so far

have someone turn it over and check both wires on starter for power

and your welcome, glad to help

Main power wire has constant 12 volts checking little wire
The small wire has 0.4 volts when i hit the starter it does change from 0 to 0.4

so that means you have a relay signal problem, so next we need to locate the start relay, then check 86 85 terminal one will have power and the other ground when starting

I have the relay
Can I test the relay

you want to test the terminals that the relay plugs into for power and start signal, if you send a pictures of the bottom of the relay I can show you what terminals to check

Relay

ok you see there are numbers on the bottom, 85 is ground and 86 is power

Ok what do I do

have someone start and check each terminal for these signals

Can u be more descriptive do I plug red to power and black to ground or how do I do it

first off if that is confusing I would recommend watching a few beginners videos on YouTube and do some control tests so you can get the feel of the meter and you dont blow it up, this way when you do the real tests on the car your findings will be true and unquestionable. no disrespect thats just what I think you should do to help you test , this post lasts a while so we have all the time we need

When I turn the key they both read 12 volts when I turn the key

one should be a ground signal and one should be power

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician