Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thank you, I would like to know why when I try to acer. My…

Customer Question
Hi, thank you, *****...

Hi, thank you, ***** ***** like to know why when I try to acer. My 97 mirage 1.5 does not react to me when I floor it., I have changed the spark plugs,fuel filter, spark wires a whole tune up. And it also smokes white.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

The one located under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mirage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,ii am, it has close to 200, miles on it, I have done a whole tune up, air filter,sparks & wires, fuel filter near the engine.But it keeps smoking white, light bluish smoke from the muffler and when I floor it,, it just hestitate.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeh, valves are starting to rattle a little , I need to know if fixing the valve seal would do it, or a whole engine overhaul

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/7/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light on when it's running?

NO, HEY WHAT SHOULD I DO, YOU MY QUESTION RIGHT

I see your question, just wondered if the check engine light was on. It not being on helps eliminate some of the possible issues.

I would check the mass air flow sensor first. Turn the engine off, then unplug the sensor, then try driving the car, if it's got more power, replace the sensor. If not, then I would next look for a plugged up catalytic converter. Try removing the front O2 sensor BEFORE the converter. Take it right out of the exhaust and drive the car. If it runs better it means the converter is plugged up.

As for the smoke, white smoke can mean there is a problem with the head gasket and it's leaking coolant into the combustion chamber, or it's running to rich. If there is to much fuel this could be due to the mass air flow sensor.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!