Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car wont start, think its PCM, need to find fuses for fuel…

Customer Question
Car wont start, think...

Car wont start, think its PCM, need to find fuses for fuel pump and PCM location

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2000 mitsubishi galant v6 3.0

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/6/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Just check all the fuses because very often you'll find fuses that aren't labeled as pertains to certain circuit and somewhere deep in the wiring in the car that's often not even picture in the wiring diagram it is related. The fuel pump fuse is not going to be in a weird place is just going to be in the normal fuse panel.The fuel pump relay Powers the fuel pump the injectors and the coils all there sensors in the engine bay pretty much, if your check engine light comes on when you turn the key to the on position then your engine computer is functioning and has the power and ground that needs and it is what gives a ground to the fuel pump relay to trigger it.So if you're check engine light comes on with the key in the on position you need to get a scan tool and scan the vehicle.If the vehicle will crank but just doesn't start get a can of starting fluid and spray some of it in the intake just to see if the vehicle will try to fire up and if it does then you need to try to manually power the fuel pump up to see if you can get it to work, however fuel pumps generally die while you're driving the vehicle often after a long drive and when the tank is fairly low. If you just shut it off and then next time you went back to start it up and wouldn't start this is generally the crankshaft position sensor or the ignition switch.much further than that.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that's the only way I am compensated for my time on this site. If you have any further questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me. You will be able to respond to this question even after hitting accept.