Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key fob is not working, I put a new battery in and still…

My key fob is...

My key fob is not working, I put a new battery in and still will not work. What's up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Never gave it a thought. I took it to a key expert and he couldn't get it function either. He said that there is something with the car/receiving unit?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, white, nothing special, cloth seats, cd radio, electric windows.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was working on it myself, I am a bright 60 yr old lady, with car skills, but since I ran into the brick wall, I ws going to have my mechanic take a look.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Just want to know why it all of the sudden stopped remote door stuff, and if it is a fuse? Or the computer? The only thing wrong with the car is the remote!

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Thank you! The thing just stopped working.

Engine does start just a problem with the key fob for opening amd locking the doors .

Greg

Forget it! I know this is something simple. This has gone back and forth and $26 isn't gonna fix it!

Okay what has probably happened is that the Keyfob lost its programming .

This you can reprogram yourself .

This is what you have to do :

1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column.

2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.

3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a
suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you
know which terminals are 1 and 4.

4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will
automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.

5. Press the LOCK button on the remote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.

6. Repeat step 5 with up to 4 remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each
programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.

7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition.

Check attachment for pin location .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg, Technician