Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just bought from a friend sunroof won't close all the way.

Just bought from a...

Just bought from a friend sunroof won't close all the way

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2004 lancer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix it first. haven't done anything yet

3/1/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Ok it is moving at all?

it just doesn't close all the way. Clean track and that didn't work

more than likely its the cables binding up, if there is nothing in the track, the smallest thing could cause that to bind, I would double check the track again and see if its clear then the motor will need to be pulled motor checked and cable system

Ok thanks will try doing work out dide and getting dark

sure thing, no worries this question lasts as as long as we need to get the situation fixed and could last over a number of days, it dosent cost any extra per question or time limit, just the one fee and thats it.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician