Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a hole in my upper oil pan after going thru a creek…

I have a hole...

I have a hole in my upper oil pan after going thru a creek with rocks. Don't know if something inside shot out and made the hole or what but my 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor is not running. It's turns over but won't stay running. A lot of water got into the whole motor and I think when I stomped on the gas to avoid getting stuck in the creek something shot out of the oil pan. Unless a rock shot up w such force it made a hole. Im stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It turns over but won't stay running. Haven't tried to start in about a week

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

Was letting things dry

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a rather large hole and I think it's the upper oil pan? It's the piece that the lower oil pan w the plug in it bolts to an metal case that then bolts to, I think, the lower part of motor?
1/18/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

It is hard to say is this an entrance or exit without seeing it. You could look at the metal to see if its dented in or pushed out. That would tell you. If a part inside came out it would likely be locked up and making a horrible noise while cranking or running. I would get the water out first off, then get some dirt cheap oil into it so you can start it. If it will idle smoothly then its pretty much an entrance from a rock puncture.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When it first happened I started stalling out in the water but managed to get it onto dry ground before it completely stalled. I tried starting it and it made a horrible clunk clunk clunk noise and there was a bunch of steam coming from under truck. On that day it turned over several times but would not catch and stay running. So I figured it was due to water flooding the motor, plugs, air filter was soaked. When he got out of vehicle I noticed a trail.of rainbow fluid coming from the creek to where I stalled out and a small puddle of oil under the vehicle. I didn't notice the hole until I got the truck towed home and went to dry under the truck w a rag so that I might be able to see where anything was leaking from and that's when I noticed the large hole with the metal appearing to be protruding outward as well as a long crack going from whole towards the lower oil pan

If the metal is pushed out then it's likely a broken rod.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician