Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

It won’t start and I can’t put it in neutral to tow it home,

Customer Question
It won’t start and...

It won’t start and I can’t put it in neutral to tow it home

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes. We checked every connection to the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2004 endeavor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband put oil. Disconnected and connected the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He wants to know how to turn off the abs

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 1 month ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

I'd 1st investigate the connections to the brake pedal switch and the wiring to it for any crimp damage or fraying. Ideally use a multimeter to check that the switch is working OK. This is because the gearbox controller won't allow the lever to shift from park until it sees that your foot is on the brakes

There should be 2 switches one for the brake lights and the other for the gearbox and both are located at the top of the brake pedal in the drivers footwell.

If this is OK then check the selector lever linkage for any broken parts and or missing bolts or if a bolt is partially out and is jamming things up

there's also a park release button

Take out the little plug near the shift selector and press with a pen or screwdriver, whilst moving the lever into neutral

There's also a recall on these cars involving the gear selector switch so ask your dealer about this

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer