Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tcl light tcl light antilock light and cruise light on dash.

Customer Question
Tcl light tcl light...

Tcl light tcl light antilock light and cruise light on dash. No acceleration when in gear

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

Haven't Found any fuses for tcl or antilock yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2002 diamante

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Diamante yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm still attempting to diagnose the issue. I was leading toward throttle position sensor but when I try to run my scan tool the car will not communicate with transmission or abs. Only engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that's about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/15/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 7 months ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Generally when you get the TCL and ABS lights with a lack of acceleration its due to the fact that the ABS module is detecting a SLIP condition. One of the wheel speed sensor readings is NOT matching the others so it things that the wheel is slipping.

This is almost always a faulty wheel speed sensor, the way to know which one is to turn the traction (TCL) OFF and graph the sensors while driving. This of course requres a capable scan tool to do so.

Abs and transmission will not communicate with my scan tool (snap on modus) I jumped the obd2 plug port 1 and 4. Read the light sequence 11,12,13 and 72

I am not familiar with the flash codes, do you have the p or B codes?

or C codes?

guessing not if you can't connect to ABS.

No p or b codes at the moment. Can't get in to system with scanner

For what it is worth, we do see TCL/ABS issues crop up on these Diamantes fairly frequently and it is nearly always either a TCL solenoid/vacuum problem, a throttle sensor problem, or an issue with a speed sensor. The major components of the system are not known for failure at all. The TCL system is different from the standard ABS, and if your tool is designed for generic ABS it will not work, so while I am not familiar with the snap on Modus make sure you are doing a manufacturer specific scan and not a generic OBD II scan.

wanted to check back and see if you still needed any assistance on this?

If so, let me know. If not please be sure to scroll up and leave me a kind rating please.

thank you.