Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Should I buy a brand new mitsubishi outlander SEL 2018. Is…

Should I buy a brand...
Should I buy a brand new mitsubishi outlander SEL 2018. Is it an improved version of the car. I have heard there has been issues with reliability, but this one comes with a bumper to bumper warranty for 5 years.
1/15/2018
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

While they may have some issues from time to time if you are the type who trades them in before the warranty expires it really doesnt matter too much. Theyre not riddled with problems. And most problems you will have should be corrected before the warranty expires and through programming updates and such they will fix any common issues. Its too early to tell just how reliable they are yet but I wouldnt worry too much about it myself. If it still has problems near the end of the 5 year warranty trade it in and get something more reliable. As long as you like the vehicle let the manufacturer eat the cost fixing it when something happens. When an updated version comes out someones gotta be the guinea pig its just a matter of whether or not its going to be you.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Hey Wayne the maximum time I plan to use this would be around two years. Since it is 5 year warranty, will I still be able to get a good resale value you think?

Absolutely. The warranty will transfer and if you can keep the mileage low that will play into the resale value and people will have a little more trust in it after they have been out a while and any recall work has been performed.

A 2 year old vehicle with the balance of the factory warranty and lower miles is about the perfect car to purchase for someone in the market for a slightly used vehicle.

Awesome, thank you for all your help.

No problem. Good luck and enjoy your new vehicle whatever you choose. Let me know if you need anything further and again please be sure to rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

do you think, it will make sense to buy a new car rather than a used car when the monthly payment for both are very similar. The payment for 2018 outlander and 2014 honda crv is the same, however crv is around 65000 miles.

In my eyes its a no brainer if youre gonna get rid of it after two years. Youre not buying it.. youre basically leasing it. Either one is going to cost you the exact same amount if the payment is the same you may as well drive the nicer one for two years.

Well assuming you sell either off at the end for just whatevers owed which you should be able to do with either one.

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Perfect thank you for your help. good luck, giving you 5 stars.

No problem. Thank you. Happy car shopping!