Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My check engine light is flashing for a time and then goes…

My check engine light...

My check engine light is flashing for a time and then goes solid then back to flashing. truck sounds ok except for a ticking sound when accelerating

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinks then goes to solid back and forth

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2008 raider 4x4 truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Raider yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet, just happened this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did a tune up in September changed the plugs and coil packs and now its running rough and sluggish and ticking bad

1/15/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The flashing check engine light indicates the computer has detected an engine misfire.It is designed to flash the light when the misfire is presently occurring in the engine.

The ticking can be due to a collapsed lifter/tappet which will also cause the misfire or a valve spring that is broken which will also cause both the misfire and noise you hear.

You will need to have the fault codes read out to help identify which cylinder is misfiring then from there it can be determined what needs to be repaired or replaced.Usually a failing fuel injector won't cause a tick so this sounds to be mechanical like a lifter or valve spring fault unfortunately and does need to be looked into further to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
if I this the lifter or valve , is that a Hugh cost in repairing?
Phone call session started

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete