Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

While driving after periods of time for no reason my gearbox…

Hi, while driving after...

Hi, while driving after long periods of time for no reason my gearbox shifts into Neutral. The "N" and "D" light's are on and the car is in Neutral. If you shift back to Netural then out again it seems to drive normally again. This happened about 10 times Intermittently during a***** A week later I am still driving the car for short drives and it hasn't happened since.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The Neutral and Drive lights on the dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Mitsubishi?

2007 NS Mitsubishi Pajero

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have contacted mechanics who hadn't heard of the issue. They advised the first action would be to service the gear box which is due anyway

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that would be enough information to start the conversation thank you

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/14/2018
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

First check for malfunction codes and see if any codes have been stored .

But i have seen this and it was a faulty PNP switch .

This part is located on the side of the transmission and is known to fail when hot .

But check for malfunction codes as you may have a faulty shift solenoids .

the testing tech will have to run a few active test to be clear all is working correctly .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Hi Greg, I forgot to mention I did get the Car tested on a machine and no fault codes came up about the transmission. So do you think it would be the PNP? What does PNP stand for?

Yes i would try another PNP not an expensive item .

Will explain why the N and D is on at the same time .

Rgds Greg

Ok thank you but can you let me know what PNP stands for?

Park Neutral switch , Or neutral safety switch

Here is an example please click here .

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg, Technician