Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000gt which has been in storage…

I have a 1995...

I have a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000gt which has been in storage for two years. Old stereo system was changed prior to storage so I cannot enter security code in order to start car after replacing battery. How do I start car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes so was able too enter security code vis Stereo system, cannot do that now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3000GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Son is returning from deployment so I wish to recommission car prior to His return. Replaced battery,have lights, horn etc, but no start

1/12/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

click on link to view pdf file on this procedure needed

Now what happened to original radio ,u still have it or no

No, car has as after market system. I do not have original radio

Is the security light on or flashing

try this ,

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

if that does not work and no radio available to insert code then the only other way i know off if no radio exist unfortunately is thru a capable scanner

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat