Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Small vapor leak po456. I change the canister cap for fuel…

Customer Question
Small vapor leak po456 ...

Small vapor leak po456

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

I change the canister cap for fuel purger valve the neck for gas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Endeavor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I bring my vehiculo like two mechanic

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/9/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

when the car have less hald tank gas the light not on only when i pass more the hald thank gas

A small vapor leak is one of the hardest things to find on an EVAP system and usually requires the use of a smoke machine. This smoke machine hooks up to the EVAP service port and fills the system with smoke and then you have to look carefully all over the system where that smoke comes out and there you have found the issue. Also the use of a shop scanner that can do an active test on the performance of all the components in the system. You can have anything from a leaking fuel cap , hoses and or the canister itself leaking internally.

Is there any further help or info I can supply you with?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

i put the smoke machine twice in ome the talk me is the tank we putting down the tank is not leak only two hose was bad .i replece and put back an still do it p0456

did you hook it up to the service port in the engine compartment or just the tank?

when we put the smoke machine the last hose smoke you think this is the problem after the canister

not if it is cumming out of the larger hose from the canister for that is the vent hose , block that off when doing the smoke test and re do.

Hello , just following up on your progress and if you need further advice and if you done any of my recommendations.Please take the time to rate my service a well. thank you.