Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Doing the starter in my 01 MS 4WD a 3.0L. I got as far as…

Customer Question
Hey Doug, doing the starter...
Hey Doug, doing the starter in my 01 MS 4WD a 3.0L. I got as far as completely disconnecting the starter, but it's stuck half way - won't go either way. The main gotcha on mine appears to be the*****actuator (bellows thing?). I removed the 2bolts which helped a bunch, but it looks like either the engine mount or the actuator needs to come out. I wrenched for Oldsmobile back in the 80s, so I do know the difference between a crow's foot & a claw hammer. Maybe I'm just not holding my mouth in the right position (so to speak)?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
I'm getting old, grumpy, sore and hate working on cars anymore.
1/9/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The replacement steps indicate you need to remove on some models the:

transmission oil cooler lines

air cleaner

engine undercover

front actuator assembly

right engine mount heat protector.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris