Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 mitsubishi monterov-6. new battery and new…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 mitsubishi montero*****v-6. new battery and new starter. when i turn the key on i get nothing. no dash lights nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No i haven't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked ground wire from battery. yes we are trying to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let me check the fuses again first. and which dash bulbs are you talking about.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/6/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 3 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Okay when this happens then you have no battery connection ,

First check the battery post and clamps are clean .

Next check the fuses in the fuse box next to the battery.

Check the main cable on the back of the starter motor is fitted and has contact.

Use a voltmeter and check battery voltage.good battery will have 12,6 volts .

check voltage at the positive post of the battery and ground on the engine should have battery voltage .

no voltage check connection on battery and main fuses .

Do this then if further assistance with this issue is needed then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician