Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 mitsubishi monterov-6. new battery and new…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 mitsubishi montero*****v-6. new battery and new starter. when i turn the key on i get nothing. no dash lights nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No i haven't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked ground wire from battery. yes we are trying to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let me check the fuses again first. and which dash bulbs are you talking about.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/6/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 6 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Okay when this happens then you have no battery connection ,

First check the battery post and clamps are clean .

Next check the fuses in the fuse box next to the battery.

Check the main cable on the back of the starter motor is fitted and has contact.

Use a voltmeter and check battery voltage.good battery will have 12,6 volts .

check voltage at the positive post of the battery and ground on the engine should have battery voltage .

no voltage check connection on battery and main fuses .

Do this then if further assistance with this issue is needed then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg