Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

One valve is missfiring, according to the mechanic. he want…

Customer Question
One valve is missfiring...

One valve is missfiring, according to the mechanic. he want to remove the head, machine it and replace the valves, charging $2800. It seems too much. It is an eclipse 1996

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

229000. Yes, oil leaks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Sent it to the Mitsubishi repair shop

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/6/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Yeah you should be getting a used engine for that price, sounds like a shady mechanic

Indeed, I have it repaired previously when the water pump broke and the time band twisted the valves and the total charge , including the water pump and all parts was $1700.
Is 1500 a good job remuneration for this job?
I think this will do it. Thansk a lot.

1500 sounds more reasonable for just a head job on that to me its still a little high but a lot better then 2800

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

.