Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will the key need to be reprogrammed after replacing the…

Customer Question
Will the key need...

Will the key need to be reprogrammed after replacing the battery in the key? 2010 Lancer

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Key battery is not opening door or setting security

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my sons car and he hasnt done anything yet but he needs to know if the key will need to be reprogramed after the power supply is removed to put in a new one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No judt need to know if he can just change the key battery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/5/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

no, the key does not need to be reprogrammed if the battery is changed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.