Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Heater not working properly, heater core has been flushed…

Customer Question
Heater not working properly...

Heater not working properly, heater core has been flushed and no leaks or smell of anti freeze inside of vehicle. After flush, all good but when it was time to start using heater, just warm air comes out vents

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

All of that was changed out when flushed....new fluid. it's a 99 Montero Sport XLS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealership checked switches and wanted to install a new heater core but after researching I saw it could be flushed and it was clogged with what came out. This was done at the end of summer and didn't start using heater when it starting getting cold here in VA

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this free advice

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/2/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do you have a temperature gauge in your vehicle ? If so what does it read does it get to half or lower? Does the blower motor work at all speeds?

everything is working as should but just warm air coming out of vents, all speeds with heat control set at hottest setting. temp gauge reads normal

What does the thermometer read when engine is warmed up to it's maximum? Does it read 180 or below

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician