Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a used Mitsubishi Outlander. The problem is with…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used Mitsubishi Outlander. The problem is with making the AUX work. From few links I got on internet , I could see the dummy ended wires and connected them to a tested and working 3.5mm female stereo slot when I switch to AUX, I hear a continuous clicking sound (even before I play any music) And no music is heard

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I bought this car used, but great condition The prev owners know nothing about the aux they use iPhone so the USB worked for them

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Outlander?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes am fixing it myself. 1) got the dummy ended 5 wire cable 2) got to know the 3 wires for stereo intake to HU 3) made a 3.5 AUX slot with a female stereo socket

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This should be good ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
1/2/2018
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases, info like this may be difficult to obtain and can be why no one has posted the wiring info.You may have to see if a dealer can provide the wiring and hook up info for this wiring here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete