Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 mitsubishi montero limited. just started today that…

Customer Question
2003 mitsubishi montero limited...

2003 mitsubishi montero limited. just started today that when put on heater the engine will stall. from what i have seen online it says to look into the idle air control valve. just called parts house to check on price and availability and their computer system says the 2003 does not use one. i am confused. what can be causing this? thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I did have to put some coolant in last week, but an unaware of any leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything yet. just checking on line as to what can cause this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really i guess the only issue is that this occurerd and then later it was not happening and then about an hour later it happened again.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/20/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If you hold the rpm higher and turn on the HVAC does it still stall?

What is the battery voltage at idle speed?

Holding rpm higher and turn on hvac does keep the engine from stalling.Do not know the battery voltage at idle speed. Will need to have someone check that.

This is going to come down to the electronic throttle body needing to be cleaned or the alternator output is not correct. Can you try cleaning the throttle body while open?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris