Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My transmission on 2003 Mitsubishi montero slips in first…

Customer Question
My transmission on 2003 Mitsubishi...
My transmission on 2003 Mitsubishi montero slips in first gear. What can I do? I have about 8 quarts of mits transmission fluid.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

have you checked the level, color and smell of the fluid thats in there?

levels are up fluid ok was changed 2000 miles ago

ok, we need to know why is slipping and the only way without guessing is to know the fault code. the transmission faults will not turn on the check engine light is most vehicles so it will need to be scanned with a scan tool that has the capability of reading the transmission control module

hows it going?

My guys are slammed until after January 1, so I wait. They will call if they have break. Sorry for the delay, I've just been waiting

not a problem

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician